In today's SCPR presentation of Councilman-at-Large William Smuckler and his campaign to replace William J. Healy, II as the mayor of Canton, he focuses on:
- how he will be different as mayor as compared to Mayor Healy,
- his ability to work with others (particularly the county commissioners) in his long term drive to make Canton's and Stark County's government more efficient and effective,
- new ways (and some established ways) to do economic development in Canton that benefits both the city and the county-at-large,
- his drive for government efficiency as embodied as being an advocate for Canton's cooperation with and participation in a rehabbed countywide 9-1-1, and
- his continuing commitment as a tool in Canton's economic development arsenal.
Here is Bill Smuckler in his own words.